Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Get Rich...Or Get Wealthy

I have been looking at a lot of different websites offering ways to make you RICH. Whatever happened to trying to become Wealthy. Is there a difference? I think so. Being rich is having more money than you need. Being wealthy is having everything you need. No one really talks about all the other things besides money that you need. Money isn't everything, in fact it is almost nothing. Money is paper and ink, and a little metal. If you are reading this blog and starting a journey to make money, try to build wealth along with it. To be wealthy you must be able to love and be loved. You must also know exactly who you really are and be OK with it. You must find a purpose in life, and be able to leave something positive behind when you are gone. Most of all I would like to tell people not to get too wrapped up in making money. Don't wait until after you have made a lot of money to make the most of your life. Make the most of your life while you are making money, even if it means you are not making as much. When I started my construction business 20 years ago, I was so concentrated on becoming rich, I forgot that time was passing. I was sacrificing everything then, to become rich and happy later. When I think about it now, I could have been happy all along. What a waste.
On a more serious note...I have not received many suggestions for what money making system to try so I am going to give it a little more time, at least through this weekend. But in the meantime I think I have come up with a even better idea I will share with you tomorrow. I have to think it threw a little more first.

2 comments:

Kris (Good Steward) said...

Good Morning, David! Wonderful post and a great distinction between being wealthy and being rich. I would pick being wealthy over being rich any day. My goal in life is to have my basic essentials covered so I don't have to fret or worry about how to pay this and that. That way, I will be able to enjoy the better aspects of life. However, being rich is just so materialistic to me...trying to earn money to buy WAY more than what you need. Earthly treasures are so temporary. But joy and happiness is something that can outlast any material that money can buy. :)

Try posting a link to your other blog post about the money making system suggestions in this post. That way, people can easily access that post from this post and possibly give you some more suggestions.

dk said...

Thanks! I was hoping someone would get it. Thank you for your tip on linking, I am trying to do it in the next post. Good job on CashCrate.