Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Personal Info and a Little Background

My name is David Kleine, I'm 43, happily married with two beautiful kids. This past year I have reached a very pivotal point in my life. I have gone from running a successful construction company for almost 20 years, a garage full of cars and toys, and a good savings and investment plan for the future, to being totally broke! As a matter of fact I am worse than broke, I am in debt up to my eyeballs. I blame nobody but myself. It started about 5 years ago, when I was in the process of building a new home for my wife, daughter, and myself. When I was about half way done, we put our existing house up for sale. Michigan's economy took a nosedive at the same time. I finished about 6 months later, and still no movement on our house. My wife who was 9 months pregnant, my daughter who was 4, and myself moved into the new house and kept trying to sell the old house. After my wife's maternity leave was up, she was let go the day she came back! She was in upper management at a title company, so our income took a big hit. The phones for my construction company stopped ringing around this time also. My wife found another job at a fraction of what she was making, and I was doing anything and everything to make at least a little income. The price of real estate in our community dropped about 40%. With a decrease in value on both houses of $100,000.00 each, I was upside down on both mortgages. I could not get out! I was going to have to bring $100,000.00 to closing, just to break even. Well from then to now we did everything to pay both mortgages. We used up our savings, cashed in our IRA's, cashed out all our stocks, and I am ashamed to say, we even used up our kids college education money. I sold everything I could, down to the necessities. Then we fell deep in debt! Now I am at that pivotal point I mentioned earlier. Do I give up, or do I dig in and do anything and everything to get out of this mess.
Well anyone who knows me, will tell you I will never give up. This is especially true because I have the future of my son and daughter in my hands. I brought you threw this depressing history only because I wanted to show everyone where I am starting from. I can't imagine that you could be worse off than I, so if I can succeed, you should be that much farther ahead if you are following along.
I started about 6 months ago looking for something I could do at home, or online, that could pay some bills. I ran into every Internet scam, every "proven system", every claim that I could make $10,000.00 a month and more, that you can imagine. Even if there was some legit plan out there, I could not afford to buy it. I began looking into paid surveys as a way for some extra cash for Christmas, and I found out that you could do it 100%free. I also found out that there were actually some legit companies out there. In my next post, I am going to list the survey companies I found, how it is going up till now, and my process for finding these survey sites.

Thanks again for your interest!
David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true what they say-- behind every statistic there is a real person and a real family. We were in a similar situation, but instead of building a new house, we moved into a house that has turned out to be a money pit. We were faced with two choices: try to sell the house (we would have lost money because all the problems with the house were now exposed) or do the necessary renovations and go into debt. Even with good jobs, we were barely keeping afloat. I often regret the moving from a house that would have been paid off by now into a house with a bigger mortgage in need of expensive renovations, but unfortunately none of us have a crystal ball to see the future nor a time machine to undo past decistions. I wish you the best of luck, sir.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your good wishes. I to wish you the best of luck. I know quite alot about renovations, and building in general. If you have a question, I would be happy to try to help. I feel bad about putting that sob story in my blog now. Everything is true but the reality is I have been very blessed throughout my life, and even though I am in a huge mess, my family is in tact, and healthy. Worth more than anything in this world. Good luck to you, and thank you for visiting. I would love to hear how your situation pans out.